Why water disinfection

Since pool water is a good carrier of microorganisms and every user introduces several million bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microorganisms into the pool water, despite cleaning his or her body before bathing, pool water must be continuously disinfected to prevent the risk of infection.


The best way to do this is with chlorine, as it acts quickly due to its reactivity and is the only disinfectant with a depot effect. In addition, when used correctly, it is the least problematic for the human organism.

Where are the CHALLENGES

The correct pH value is essential for perfect disinfection performance and one of the most important factors for pool owners. The optimal pH value should be 7-7.5.


The typical, unpleasant chlorine smell occurs when there is too little active chlorine and too many chloramines (combined chlorine) in the water. This can also lead to burning eyes and skin irritation.

In short, an electrolyzer is a simple and inexpensive way to produce the required amount of disinfectant on site from harmless common salt and to adjust the dosage perfectly.


Due to the continuous dosing of highly effective chlorine, in the form of hypochlorous acid, the right amount of active chlorine is present in the water at all times. This means that even people with sensitive skin can enjoy the pool water. Eye and skin irritations as well as unpleasant swimming pool odors are avoided.


The cost of producing active chlorine with an electrolysis system is significantly lower than the price of procuring commercially available chlorine bleaching lye. The need for pH-regulating care products is drastically reduced. This reduces the risk of accidents. Due to the modern membrane cell technology, there is no salinization of the pool water.